Which areas are properties the cheapest to buy in Portugal in 2022?
Purchasing a property in Portugal of 100 square metres (m2) will cost approximately €140,000 in 2022, the average price according to the latest results from the Instituto Nacional de Estatística.
However, there are some places in Portugal where property prices are much lower – and other locations where they are far more expensive.
Here we will look at the cheapest places to buy a Property in Portugal.
Where is it cheapest to buy a house?
It is in the interior of the country that you can find the municipalities were purchasing a house is more affordable.
- The cheapest area to buy property in Portugal by far is Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo, in the district of Guarda, where families can buy houses at the average price of €177 euros per m2.
- Next best comes Sernancelhe in the northern district of Viseu where the average property price is 220 euros per m2.
- Vila Velha de Ródão in Castelo Branco comes next with an average price of 224 euros per m2.
- Fornos de Algodres in the district of Guarda is in fourth place with an m2 price of approximately 225.
- With an m2 price of approximately 225 Another district in Guarda, Almeida comes in the fifth position.
- The only municipality in the Portuguese islands that is among the cheapest locations to buy a property in Santa Cruz da Graciosa, on the island of Graciosa (Azores), where it costs 242 euros/m2.
- Vinhais in Braganca comes in seventh place with an average property price of 250 euros per m2.
- It’s back to Guarda and Aguiar de Beira in eighth place with an average property price of 253 euros per m2.
- Again in Guarda and in 9th place is Mêda with a similar average property price of 254 euros per m2.
- To finish the top ten of the cheapest places to buy a property in Portugal we go to the Pampilhosa de Serra location in the district of Coimbra.
Read this post to see the most expensive locations to buy a property in Portugal.