Which areas are properties the cheapest to buy in Portugal in 2022?
Purchasing a property in Portugal of 100 square metres (m2) will cost approximately €140,000 in 2022, the average price according to the latest results from the Instituto Nacional de Estatística.
However, there are some places in Portugal where property prices are much lower – and other locations where they are far more expensive.
Here we will look at the cheapest places to buy a Property in Portugal.
Where is it cheapest to buy a house?
It is in the interior of the country that you can find the municipalities were purchasing a house is more affordable.
- The cheapest area to buy property in Portugal by far is Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo, in the district of Guarda, where families can buy houses at the average price of €177 euros per m2.
- Next best comes Sernancelhe in the northern district of Viseu where the average property price is 220 euros per m2.
- Vila Velha de Ródão in Castelo Branco comes next with an average price of 224 euros per m2.
- Fornos de Algodres in the district of Guarda is in fourth place with an m2 price of approximately 225.
- With an m2 price of approximately 225 Another district in Guarda, Almeida comes in the fifth position.
- The only municipality in the Portuguese islands that is among the cheapest locations to buy a property in Santa Cruz da Graciosa, on the island of Graciosa (Azores), where it costs 242 euros/m2.
- Vinhais in Braganca comes in seventh place with an average property price of 250 euros per m2.
- It’s back to Guarda and Aguiar de Beira in eighth place with an average property price of 253 euros per m2.
- Again in Guarda and in 9th place is Mêda with a similar average property price of 254 euros per m2.
- To finish the top ten of the cheapest places to buy a property in Portugal we go to the Pampilhosa de Serra location in the district of Coimbra.
Read this post to see the most expensive locations to buy a property in Portugal.
I have lived in the Algarve for over 20 years and love the experience. Now writing about and photographing the Algarve experience to share with others.
Contributor to all that is Algarve on Wikipedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MarkMcLoughlinAlgarve
Books – https://amazon.com/author/markmcloughlin
YouTube Channel Algarve Elevated: Stunning Aerial Views- https://youtube.com/@MarkMcLoughlinAlgarve
Level 10 Google Local Guide for the Algarve – https://maps.app.goo.gl/QRC1qeLiWUc9wmQj6